2019 Montana Legislature Update
February 18, 2019
66th Montana Legislature – Week 7
Hearings this week:
- HB 151 – Increase maximum annual assessment on wheat and barley. Hearing 2/19 in Senate Ag. MGGA supports.
- HB 142 – Revise county weed laws. Hearing 2/19 in Senate Ag.
- HB 24 – Allows max energy cost deduction for all irrigated property. Hearing 2/20 in Senate Taxation.
Awaiting executive action:
- SB 91 – Revise weight limit laws for fertilizer. MGGA supports.
- HB 389 – Exempt certain vehicles from height restrictions.
- HB 431 – Create farmer loan assistance program by revising GTA laws.
Scheduled for second reading:
- HB 50 – Provide civil penalty for violations of agricultural commodity laws. MGGA supports.
- HB 102 – Create civil penalty for violation of agricultural marketing and transportation. MGGA supports.
Transmitted to Governor:
- HB 59 – Repeal the Rail Service Competition Council. MGGA supports.
- HB 63 – Remove sunset date to extend financial liability for pesticide applicators. MGGA supports.
Referred to Committee:
- HB 31 – Revise fire assessment fees.
- SB 137 – Revise laws related to agricultural use of special fuel. MGGA supports.
- SB 73 – Revise agricultural commodity licensing laws. MGGA supports.
- HB 221 – Revise pesticide applicator fees. MGGA supports.
- HB 14 – Long-range building bonding program (includes Romney Hall, MAES greenhouses, see pg 5).