For immediate release
December 23, 2020
For additional information, please contact:
Alison Vergeront: 406-761-4596; email@example.com
Mitch Konen: 406-590-2649; firstname.lastname@example.org
MGGA Welcomes FY 2021 Omnibus and COVID-19 Relief Package
Great Falls – At the beginning of the week, Congress passed the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021. MGGA is thrilled to see several items within the package, 2021 appropriations bills, coronavirus relief and authorizations that will assist producers in ensuring the production of affordable food.
MGGA is pleased with the 100% deductibility of business meals that the new bill will implement- as it addresses MGGA policy that supports the permanent reinstatement for C corps.
Additional provisions MGGA welcomes are:
- Payments of $20 per acre to wheat and barley producers
- Crops in the CFAP2 sales commodity category may elect to use many additional payments when determining the amount of sales
- Marketing assistance loans may be extended to 12 months
- Permanently reduced beer excise tax provisions from the Craft Beverage Modernization Tax Reform Act
- Funding for U.S. Wheat and Barley Scab Initiative
MGGA President Mitch Konen said, “We are thankful for the assistance that the ag community can receive during these times.” Konen added, “Farming didn’t stop when COVID hit so these measures will help producers maintain their businesses in order to feed Montana and the world.”
The Montana Grain Growers Association is a commodity specific organization representing the interests of Montana wheat and barley growers. We use the contacts and experience gained over the past 60+ years to affect the laws, regulations and rules that we farm by. We are recognized as an influential commodity organization in our state and country and we use that influence to make things happen.