Working for You
Each month we provide some key areas where MGGA leaders and staff have been working on your behalf. Here is a sampling of important issues and activities for August 2018:
- MGGA officers, members and staff provided radio, television and print publication interviews reporting on harvest conditions and current agricultural issues. Thanks to our many members who help keep the public informed!
- Convention plans are underway as we look forward to another busy meeting period. See the article in this issue on this year’s pre-convention marketing workshop and visit www.mgga.org for more details and to register.
- Vice President Lyle Benjamin represented MGGA at a Northwest Farm Credit Services Montana Ag Leader forum in Bozeman. The goal of the forum is to bring Montana’s agricultural leaders together to build networks, strengthen relationships and expand knowledge of important issues impacting Montana agriculture and rural communities.
- VP Benjamin attended an event at the invitation of MGGA At-Large Director Mark Black, North America Barley Procurement and Trials Manager at Malteurop, to meet with Boston Beer Company officials visiting Montana to tour this year’s barley production.
- Executive Vice President Lola Raska, along with representatives from area agribusinesses, met with U.S. Senate candidate Matt Rosendale to share concerns and issues of Montana’s agricultural industry.
- EVP Raska represented MGGA at a distinguished lecture at MSU by Economics Nobel Laureate Sir Angus Deaton on the “Inequality and Deaths of Despair”.
- EVP Raska participated in a search committee meeting in Bozeman to review prospective candidates for Vice President and Dean of the MSU College of Agriculture.